Monday, April 18, 2016

Exciting Adoption Update!

I've been trying to write this blog post for nearly 2 weeks now! We've all been battling colds/allergies for about 2 weeks. We are all finally on the mend and we're trying to get back to a regular schedule...whatever that looks like. ;) Thanks for all those who have prayed for us to feel better! He hears our prayers! And now for the update!

The first weekend in March I had the opportunity to sell some Compelled Designs necklaces at a friends church's women's weekend conference. I'm so thankful for Mindy inviting me to be able to share our story with so many women as they shopped at the conference. I was there Friday night and Saturday...I had SOLD out by lunch on Saturday!! Praise God for all those wonderful women who stopped by my booth! I pray for many blessings on their families!

We were able to send all our paperwork in to be sent for authentication. These documents were sent off on March 9th. We were then notified on April 7th that we were officially DTC (Dossier to China) on April 6th. Our dossier has been uploaded into China's system and has been mailed to China. THIS is a huge step in our journey! Praise God!


So what next!? Well...waiting! Our dossier has a few steps to go through to be approved. The next step is to be LID (Log in Date) which is when our dossier is actually logged into the CCCWA. (3-4 weeks after DTC) So after LID, we will be waiting for a call from our social worker with a child's file for us to review. HOW EXCITING!! Everything seems to be moving along quickly now.

So our plan while we are waiting for this very important call...is to continue raising funds to bring this little child home! We have been filling out grant applications and trying to decide on our next fundraiser.

Thanks for praying with us through this amazing journey! We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment