So our last update we had an appointment to get our fingerprints done on December 28th. Everything went smoothly at the appointment, the employees there were VERY nice and professional. There was a pretty good line of people in front of us, but with only 2 people doing the fingerprinting they moved pretty quickly. We had prepared ourselves that there'd be a waiting period after they were done because of the New Year. But just ONE week after our fingerprinting was done we received our I800-A approval notice in the mail! The date of approval on the notice was actually December 28th...yes the same day we got our fingerprinting done. We were shocked to get this back so quickly! GO GOD!
Next I had my passport appointment on December 30th. Everything went smoothly there too and the guy who took my application said he had to tell me 6-8 weeks, but he figured I'd get it in less than 30 days and sometimes he's saw them come back in 2 weeks. Wow! Well I was one to get it back in just 2 weeks! So glad I didn't pay for the expedited service. ;)
We are so THANKFUL for everyone who supported us through our Christmas ornament fundraiser. We were blown away at how many we sold. We wanted to share with you all how well we did on this fundraiser to give God the glory for this awesome blessing! And maybe to help other adoptive families know which fundraisers worked for us. We brought in a total of $803 with a few donations made without them getting an ornament. We took home a net of $727 with all of the supplies taken out. We were hoping to sell at least 20 ornaments. We ended up selling 47...an odd number because we broke only 1 out of all of them! So thank you all again for buying an ornament and we hope that you put it on your tree each year and think of us and hopefully by next Christmas we'll have our little one home!
With that said I am working on another post about another fundraiser I found. Compelled Designs sells handmade pottery jewelry with a scripture reference on the back. Each one comes in a fabric drawstring bag that is hand sewn through a ministry in Kenya. I love that they are handmade pieces and that the fabric bag is supporting a ministry in Kenya. I will try to have the post up later today with pictures of the necklaces I have for sale!


No comments:
Post a Comment