Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Home study in process...

Hey y'all! Sorry to leave you hanging for so long. We finally got our paperwork in to the home study agency and now we are trying to schedule our first interview in Nashville. We will have two interviews at the agency in Nashville and one at our home. This is the only real update I have on our adoption so far. I'm sure in the next several weeks we'll be gathering documents and getting physicals and such! Let the busy season begin!

On another note, most of you saw that our little man just had ear tubes put in on Monday. He did really well. I'm proud of my sweet boy. There's such a special bond between a mom and her son. I just can't explain it. We haven't ever had to do any other surgeries with the girls, we've been extremely blessed to have such healthy kids. Thank you Lord! But as we sat in the room as our little guy was getting ready for his very routine surgery, we looked around at all the precious kids there waiting to have surgery too. I wondered what kind of surgery they would be having and what their story was...I was thinking about our adoption journey and about all the sweet kids just waiting for someone to bring them home. Some of those kiddos just need a simple surgery and some love! I thought maybe this is why we are here right now in this hospital...and as soon as I had that thought, Jarred was saying the very same thing to me. Was this God slowly preparing us for what we may face in the future with our new little one? If so, I'm thankful that He is opening our eyes to these things now. He is always in the smallest and largest of details! I don't know what special need our little one will have, but I do know that no matter what God is preparing us to love this precious gift with all that we have!

Little man ready for a ride!


Lastly, we are planning to start Robinson Academy on Aug 10th. I'm a little nervous and excited all at the same time. This will be our first year homeschooling! Just want to ask for prayers that we all have fun and learn lots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment